Wa Alaikumassalaam,

Does this happen for all recitations you have (online/offline)? Try to play
some consequent ayas in continuous mode. Make sure that you are choosing
'continuous' mode (play on 3 disks icon at the bottom-corner of player
window).

Can you tell me:
1. You Internet explorer version.
2. You Zekr version.