Wa Alaikumassalaam wr,

You may set network proxy for Zekr. Just set proxy settings inside
~/.zekr/config/config.properties. By default Zekr uses system default
proxy, which is meaningful in some Linux distributions and inherits IE
settings in Windows.

If you want to change it manually, here is the setting:

# Network settings
# network.proxy.internal.disableJvmUseSystemProxy = false
# can be 'system' (system default proxy), 'manual' (should be set manually
below) or 'false' for no proxy.
network.proxy = system
# set the following properties only if network.proxy is set to 'manual'
network.proxy.server =
network.proxy.port =
# can be HTTP or SOCKS
network.proxy.type = HTTP

As far as I know TOR only supports SOCKS proxy, not HTTP proxy, so you may
have to set network.proxy.type = SOCKS. I didn't test if it works properly
with SOCKS or not, but virtually it should work. I've probably tested it
against HTTP proxy and worked fine.