I was talking to a friend recently who practices in the Tibetan
tradition. We were talking about Phowa - or the method of transfering
conciousness at the time of death. I was curious what the Zen
traditions take would be on this subject.

I mean the practice is full of rich visualisations (not what we're
used to in zen) yet if a legitimate practice surely crucial?

Regards

Tony...