Giant hats-off to you, Bill.

(Is this English correct?? Is it hat off or hats off?  With or without dash?
Honestly?)

Bill Smart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Perplexed:

  Donald posted a very good reply to your questions from a Buddhist
perspective, but since this is a zen forum, I’ll have to reply also from a zen
perspective:

  Dignity and Morality are functions of the ego, and as such fall into the
category of samsara (illusions).  They are not important concepts in zen.
Earnest practice of zazen (zen mediation) will allow you to recognize the
illusory nature of such things and to eventually deal with them accordingly.

  No intentions, no words, no actions, no life-style, no wall, no Buddha.

  …Bill!  (American, non-Teacher, very good English)

          Donald wrote:
  Since no one has responded to you, I shall give it a try, because I know how
urgent some of these homework can be.  I am a Chinese Zen teacher, you can sure
quote me. Just my English is not very good.  Dignity is to live in the equality
of everyone.  In the Buddhist sense, everyone of us has the same quality as
Buddha.  We therefore live with that equality in our intentions, words and
actions.  Morality is the result of this life style of mutual respect.  Not
rules written on the wall, but sense of respect from the bottom of our hearts.
 Donald

        perplexed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I am looking for a teacher of Buddhism's definition of  1) Dignity and 2)
Morality. This is for a project at Junior High School level and I also must
request 3) permission to use your response in the report submitted. Thanks to
any teacher willing to respond.