--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, curt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has everyone seen the Simpson's Christmas episode where Lisa
converts to
> Buddhism and then has this big crisis about how she doesn't want to
> celebrate Christmas because she's not Christian? It is screamingly
> falling down laughing hilarious. The best part is when Lisa finally
> discovers that there is a Zen Center in Springfield - she goes
there and
> who else but Lenny and Carl are there! They basically tell Lisa to
chill
> out and enjoy Christmas with her family.
>
> Last night I went to a Wiccan Yule ritual. It was great. Very Un-
Zen -
> and, therefore, very very very Zen.
>
> - Curt

The Simpsons is a brilliant show and I find myself relating to Lisa
the most, not only because of her "conversion" but for numerous other
reasons.  Great episode as well.

Great quotes:

Carl: If I didn't have inner peace, I'd completely go psycho on all
you guys, all the time.

Lenny: Who's Buddah?
Richard Gere: It's a good thing Buddhism teaches freedom from desire
because I've got the desire to kick your ass!

Lisa: :shouting: I'm a Buddhist! Hey I'm a Buddhist!
Ned: My satan-sense is tingling! Into the root cellar boys!
Todd: When can we come out?
Ned: Maybe never!
Rod/Todd: Yaaaay!

All (with sound) here:

http://www.lardlad.com/assets/quotes/season13/littlefaith.shtml

I don't care whether christmas is considered Christian or a
securalized commercial holiday or what.  I don't think about it
much.  I just buy presents for my family and I enjoy it.  I
especially enjoy giving stuff to my mom.  She is fun to shop for.

Dana (genorosity) is also the first virtue of a Bodhisattva,   Just
let go, open up, be generous.

Don't forget december 8th was also Rohatsu.  So...

Merry Rohatsu-hanna-kwaanza-mas!

-Davey Clause