"pandabananasock" Is there a line to be crossed, and if so, where
should it be drawn?  What does everyone think?

I realize that back when there was Fudo and the other zen monk
regularly posting that there was a time when it seemed like scholarship
was the way to go.

However, I will be honest here. I have gone through some difficulties
in my own personal life and I have had to face the problems without the
help of anyone or anything except luck and my wits and my family and in
some cases my friends. I have learned that all the zen masters and
priests, ministers, etc. don't pay your bills or solve any problems. It
is all up to you, and that is what zen is to me.

So whether you are talking about zen or baseball, it will all sort
itself out in the end.