Hi,  Our instructor at USC meditation class derived the following parallel
to share with you all.

We have such a delicacy called stinky tofu in China.  Have you ever heard of
or taste it?

If you fry it, anyone can smell its stinkiness within a block.   If you
steam it, anyone can smell it within two blocks.  What is it? It is really
fermented tofu, like blue cheese or fermented beans, called Nato in

Chan is like this stinky tofu. Until we sit and belly breathe for 3 month
everyday, no matter how we describe, or explain, or persuade, or teach, or
love, tofu till stinks and we still don't know how it taste.