From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of tony.humphreys
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:32 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] To analyse or not...?

I really enjoy (for want of a better description) my practice, whether
its Vipassana or an attempt at Shikontaza. The problem I have is I
frequently feel the desire to analytically meditate on Emptiness. For
instance the Tibetan method of logically trying to identify an
inherently existent 'I' then seeing its empty nature.

How can we reconcile the two methods, they are so pole apart as to
seem irreconcilable?

All advice gratefully received!

Regards,

Tony...