Good morning ALL,

I don't know whether zen talk about the 5 poisons or CAAAS.

Craving - or expecting in the least bit.
Anger - even just a white eye.
Attachment - not just to sex, alcohol, gambling, etc. but also to
absolute ideas, words, definition, right or wrong.
Arrogance - any notion that I know more, better than, or tiny notion of
self.
Suspicion - any tiny bit of disbelief, even just for a second.

Just a tiny ripple of any of it through our mind, will throw us off our
stillness.  A Chan life is to be absolutely still, or as we call it,
staying in our chi and away from our mind, and emotions, and feelings.
Separate our mind completely from all forms.  Let the universe guide us
and show us the way.  In the end, whatever we do or don't do, the
universe still continues its own way.

These 5 indicators provides a partial guideline for us to look inward,
so that gradually we could be liberated from our delusional mind.

BTW, chi is not capitalized.  chi is not anything sacred.  In China, it
is a common day term, often interchange with energy, or field, or well
being.  Even children uses it frequently without knowing exactly what it
is.  I apologize if I glorified its meaning.  Just think of it as our
life force will be fine.  Labels are indeed very confusing. :-)

Thank you for your time.
JM