From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 13 October, 2008 11:42:34
Subject: RE: [Zen] consciousness

Jim,

Descartes famous declaration means something a lot different to me now then
when I took Philosophy 101 in college.  Now I understand it as:

"I think,..."
The arising and exercising of cognitive faculties...

"...therefore I am."
...gives rise to dualist thought and concepts, most specifically a concept
of 'self' (I) as something distinct and apart from everything else, and
plunges me headlong into the illusory world of maya.

...Bill!