I have never met any kind of Buddhist monk or nun. I have never met any kind of
practicioner of Buddhism. I have only met people who meditate on various
levels. Are there such things as monks and nuns of Zen? I have always thought
of Zen as very individualistic and idiosyncratic. Zen is life. Very simple. Are
there big rituals and ceremonies in Zen? I kind of doubt if the first Buddha
had a zafu under the Bodhi tree and even if he sat in a lotus position. These
are latter day rituals added on for organizational purposes. But is Zen
supposed to be like this?

Your Friendly Philosopher,

Bob T

http://www.anecdotalstories.blogspot.com