Jason, Welcome to the Zen Forum!
My suggestion to you is to learn to sit zen meditation (Japanese word = 'zazen'). If you can find a zen group near you with a legitimate teacher, that would be the best route. If not you can find out how to sit zazen from many sources. I've listed some on a previous post. Many people have had a spiritual experience that certainly could have been the same or similar to experiences prompted by practice of Buddhism and zen. 'Satori' is the Japanese term for a full enlightenment experience. 'Kensho' is the Japanese term for an initial breakthrough. So if you describe your experience as a 'flash' it would most likely be kensho as opposed to satori - if it was indeed either of these. Naming these experiences are not important. Establishing a good, consistent practice of zazen is, in my opinion, the most important thing. Again, Welcome! ...and good luck...Bill! From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ejason85 Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 10:56 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [Zen] Hello! Hello, I am new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. my name is Jason and I am fairly new to zen. I joined to learn more about zen and buddhism, as I have a VERY basic understanding of both. I have been spiritual for many years and have meditated, although I wish to do it more regularly. I believe I have had a flash of ( and forgive me if this is the wrong term) satori I believe it's called, or a flash of enlightenment. it was the most amazing experience and truly indescribable. thanks for having me here and I look forward to learning more and talking with all of you. thanks! peace and love Jason ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
