From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 2:27 AM
To: zen_forum
Subject: [Zen] hi

Hi everyone

My name is Bob Therriault and I am new to this group and Zen. I am also new to
meditation. I am 62 and retired from the VA Hospital here in Albany, NY.  There
is no Zen Center here so I will be depending on this group to guide me in my
practice. I have ordered books by D T Suzuki which I intend on reading. Do you
suggest I practice meditation alone or with a group. There is a group with the
UU church.

Your Friendly Philosopher,

Bob T