Edgar, I share your mind. With Suzuki, you don't have to take precautions. But beware of Bill: prepare to 'take a beating' literally. Regards, Anthony
--- On Thu, 23/10/08, Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [Zen] hi To: [email protected] Date: Thursday, 23 October, 2008, 7:15 PM Bob, D. T. Suzuki's books are to my mind the best exposition of the underlying philosophy of Zen. As to living Zen, you may well find more of that here in this group. Best, Edgar On Oct 19, 2008, at 3:26 PM, <rtherriault@ live.com> wrote: Hi everyone My name is Bob Therriault and I am new to this group and Zen. I am also new to meditation. I am 62 and retired from the VA Hospital here in Albany, NY.. There is no Zen Center here so I will be depending on this group to guide me in my practice. I have ordered books by D T Suzuki which I intend on reading. Do you suggest I practice meditation alone or with a group. There is a group with the UU church. Your Friendly Philosopher, Bob T http://www.anecdota lstories. blogspot. com http://www.stairway toparadise. blogspot. com http://www.jazzmood s.blogspot. com http://www.holism4u s.blogspot. com http://www.ethicswi thoutwalls. blogspot. com http://www.jennyand i.blogspot. com Get your preferred Email name! Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/sg/
