From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] hi
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 23 October, 2008, 7:15 PM

Bob,

D. T. Suzuki's books are to my mind the best exposition of the underlying
philosophy of Zen. As to living Zen, you may well find more of that here in
this group.

Best,
Edgar

On Oct 19, 2008, at 3:26 PM, <rtherriault@ live.com> wrote:

Hi everyone

My name is Bob Therriault and I am new to this group and Zen. I am also new to
meditation. I am 62 and retired from the VA Hospital here in Albany, NY..
There is no Zen Center here so I will be depending on this group to guide me in
my practice. I have ordered books by D T Suzuki which I intend on reading. Do
you suggest I practice meditation alone or with a group. There is a group with
the UU church.

Your Friendly Philosopher,

Bob T

http://www.anecdota lstories. blogspot. com