Markkrauss22 et al, Again, I have to apologize for responding to a posting without thoroughly reading it. This is the 2nd one in a row, and the 4th or 5th one in the last several months. I promise to take more care in the future.
Yes you can learn basic zazen from a book, or from many sites on the web. There are even previous postings on this site that have a pretty good instruction set. I'll look for one of these and forward it to you if I find it. Learning like this, however, does not allow you to ask questions or get any feedback on your technique. A teacher is needed for this. The teacher does not have to be a zen master. Anyone that has practiced zazen for a fair amount of time could get you started. Good luck on getting started, and bon voyage...Bill! From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:07 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: [Zen] Learning Zazen Markkrauss22, No and no...Bill! From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of markkrauss22 Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:35 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [Zen] Learning Zazen Can one truly learn Zazen from reading? Do I need a teacher? __________ NOD32 3557 (20081026) Information __________ This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com __________ NOD32 3557 (20081026) Information __________ This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
