Hello Mark; Different practicioners have different experiences. Personally I don't think that I would have learn much about zen by just reading and talking in websites. That is good as a kind of prelude to the real thing.
I definetely think that if you know nothing there is need of having a good Teacher to give you a solid real base about the teaching and practice. Differently you may run the risk of getting an entangled mind with many ideas. Many websites are mixed up with non real practicioners but just people who have read a lot. And therefore not real zen. I found that in the initial steps having a Teacher and a sangha is essential. Good luck to you Mayka --- In [email protected], "markkrauss22" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Can one truly learn Zazen from reading? Do I need a teacher? > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
