Hello Mark;

Different practicioners have different experiences.  Personally I don't
think that I would have learn much about zen by just reading and
talking in websites.  That is good as a kind of prelude to the real
thing.

I definetely think that if you know nothing there is need of having a
good Teacher to give you a solid real base about the teaching and
practice.  Differently you may run the risk of getting an entangled
mind with many ideas. Many websites are mixed up with non real
practicioners but just people who have read a lot.  And therefore not
real zen.  I found that in the initial steps having a Teacher and a
sangha is essential.

Good luck to you
Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "markkrauss22" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>