Audrey,

Very nice haiku!  Thanks.Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of audreydc1983
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 4:22 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Mindfulness - awareness in the here and now

Over the past month I have been consumed by worry - about my husband's
college grades, the house that we're buying (we're waiting to hear back from
the bank after a month. UGH.), my dog had another colitis "attack" (not fun,
but manageable), and my half brother (an anonymous surrogate birth) finally
found us - he's 22 (I don't know what to say! Ack!).
I've always been a worrier. I've worried about the future - and I've worried
about the past. I've worried about bills. I've worried about my health, and
that of my family. I've even worried myself into an ulcer, on several
occasions.

Over the past week, I have read many articles and information on
mindfulness. I closed my eyes, stopped to take a breath, and somehow felt
a...shift.

I suddenly just...got it. In my mind's eye, an image of a tomato appeared -
and I knew what it meant.
In the great Pacific NW, tomatoes haven't been ripening well this year.
There are still a lot of green tomatoes on the vine. There are a few
tomatoes that I'm WAITING on - I've seen the hints of yellow and red, and
I'm anxious for them to ripen so that I can pick and eat 'em.
I have to accept the tomato - acknowledge it's beauty in it's
not-quite-red-ness, NOW. Does that make sense? Oh, well - it does to me,
anyway.

Here goes:

Tomato blushes,
right mindfulness blossoming