There are no joy-rides in zen. Discomfort and the need to be happy can be 
hindrances to understanding zen...but that doesn't mean that life is seen as 
misery either

Buddha be praised
Mel

--- On Tue, 17/5/11, Beverley Huish <[email protected]> wrote:

One good thing is that I haven't read anything yet about Buddhism that I feel 
uncomfortable about.  Taking refuge in a system of beliefs and practices that 
helps me feel happier and more focused in my life can only be good - and, it 
seems, I can chuck out or ignore any ideas I find that don't work for me.







------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to