JWMeritt,

I will comment.

I will not take any issues with what you written.  All that may be true.  
'Intelligence' (intellectualization, the ability to think logically, 
rationally) does not improve or enhance one's ability to experience Buddha 
Nature.  In fact it is MY OPINION (capitalization for emphasis) that is in face 
rationaly thinking that has to be desolved or at least halted in order to 
experience Buddha Nature.

So from this I would opine that the more a person is attached to 
intellectuality, the harder it is for him to experience Buddha Nature.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], JWMeritt@... wrote:
>
> In some of his writings, Win Wenger has observed an inverse correlation 
> between  "intelligence" (whatever THAT is!) and breath rate. In a FICTIONAL 
> account, I  read of a non-breathing entity who possessed, largely because of 
> the lack of distractions, what might be termed an enhanced intellect. 
> Obviously, there is  more involved. That a FICTIONAL account mentions what I 
> have seen in one author's factual account leads me to believe that there are 
> other references  to  this about. Anyone seen them and/or care to comment?
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to