Merle,

I hope I've addressed this question in my previous long post about rice gruel,
bowls, knowledge, illusions, attachments, zen and Buddha Nature.

One clarification for you:  I hold Jesus to be an enlightened teacher
(Bodhisattva) so I use quotes from him as well as from Buddha - or in fact
quotes from anyone else I think is saying something noteworthy about Buddha
Nature.

...Bill!