Merle,

I asked you about the book because I don't want to waste my time READING a book 
when I could be out DOING something.  I used to read a lot, but not so much 
anymore.  

Also I've seen a movie called THE ISLAND and although it was okay I certainly 
didn't want to read a book with the same sci-fi/action plot.  The movie didn't 
seem like Alduos Huxley to me though so I researched both the movie and the 
book and am satisfied they are not the same story.

I have now downloaded it (Kindle) and will give it a try.

Thanks for the tip (I think)...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
> bill and a bit tacked on for joe
> 
> 
>  great news...bill..finally your learning!..hip hip hoorah!
> 
> .for christ sake BIll!..i read it as a kiddy and re read it many times..it is 
> somewhat my bible.
> .read it and find out for yourself what you will.
> .. i will not spoil it for you..otherwise you'll have preconceived ideas.
> .get my drift?..
> 
>  and like is a silly silly word..i read to learn...
> 
>  what i like is humour!
> 
>  ha ha ha... british style at the moment miranda does it for me...did you 
> check the u tube i forward to zen group eh?
> 
> if you don't laugh you have to cry.
> .the world is a three ring circus..me you and them out there
> 
>  and by the way JOE
> .i'll zen any way i wish..
> .there is too much rebel in me to listen to  authoritarian figures no matter 
> they be the guru from the temple of  the flying kite 
> merle
> 
> 
>   
> Merle,
> 
> I found ISLAND on Amazon.com.  I could by the Kindle edition for $8.99.
> 
> Tell me why you are recommending it to me.  I assume you have read it.  How 
> long ago?  Did you like it?  If so, why?
> 
> Thanks...Bill! 
> 
> --- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote:
> >
> > 
> > 
> > i suggest you do bill!... merle
> >   
> > Merle,
> > 
> > I have not read ISLAND.
> > 
> > I have read the following books by Aldous Huxley:
> > - BRAVE NEW WORLD
> > - EYELESS IN GAZA
> > - DOORS OF PERCEPTION
> > 
> > ...Bill!
> > 
> > --- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote:
> > >
> > > 
> > > 
> > >   
> > > What book?
> > > 
> > > 
> > >  http://www.huxley.net/island/
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > merle
> > >
> >
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to