Joe,

Okay then!

I just posted it as a joke.

I don't really care how or when people think the universe began or how and when 
it will end.  I'm only interested in NOW!

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], "desert_woodworker" <desert_woodworker@...> 
wrote:
>
> Bill!,
> 
> Your first instinct was correct.
> 
> But I doubt Big Bang is a finished notion.  It's in trouble now, and the 
> trouble in Physics is a big embarrassment to fundamental Science.  But we do 
> the best we can!  All the observations until lately point to a reasonable 
> synthesis that results in a concept like a Big Bang.  But it's a seriously 
> threadbare theory now, even as some parts of the DATA have become more 
> polished and refined.  In a hundred years, people will have a good laugh 
> about what we think is a finished product.  In a thousand, our ideas will 
> seem quaint and strange and really impoverished.  It's happened before!  And 
> the speed of overturn of theories has increased exponentially... if not 
> faster.
> 
> Don't ask me about 10000 years from now.
> 
> --Joe
> 
> > "billsmart" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> >
> > Joe,
> > 
> > I passed on commenting on your previous post about this, and I still don't 
> > know if you're jesting or not.
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to