On 12/11/2012 8:51 AM, Edgar Owen wrote:
Any generosity on the part of the government

The main problem with government "generosity" is that the government doesn't HAVE anything to give that it did not TAKE from someone. Now some user fees, and resource extraction taxes, etc... are more or less 'theft-free' but they don't come close to covering the costs of our bloated US government. Worse, the political elites have made such an awful mess of things that huge numbers of people are impoverished and unemployed and NEED assistance. Worse still, this leads a majority of the electorate to vote for a government that promises to fill their rice bowl.

I fear there is no solution except for this dystopia to collapse and the unsustainable population to crash.

RAF