On 12/12/2012 7:15 AM, Chris Austin-Lane wrote:
taxes, like death, are just part of life

Taxes are so dangerous because they enhance and sustain government power, which is pernicious due to the imperfections of human nature, and because they destroy economic productivity, which impoverishes society, with all the misery that entails. Taxes are used to sustain unproductive activity (if such activity were productive, it would not require tax-support) including war, imperialistic adventures, and domestic tyranny.

I do not oppose taxes for personal reasons (I don't make enough money to be especially burdened by them) but because they empower evil and reduce the people to poverty.

RAF