good luck joe..
hope you can speed read before the darkness falls..

"let there be light"...open the door..walk BESIDE me said jesus follow me.... 
not..

i am the way...and let it be said the way is and the way is such that each and 
every soul makes his own Way.

.otherwise joe dear we are robots.....

and what the hell would the blue tooth ed fairy say about tha?t...

 happy reading and sifting..

have read the i- ching..donkey's years ago..

been there done that..

NEXT?..
 merle 

I'll get 'hold of it.  Thanks.  I like his translations of several other 
things, here, including writings (?) of Bodhidharma.

My fondness of the limpidly clear English translation by Wong Mou Lam in Dwight 
Goddard's A BUDDHIST BIBLE, 1938, 1966, 1970, Pp. 497-558, was commented on 
here in this forum previously.  I've loved it since 1977, and have copied it by 
Xerox and given away hand-stitched (bound) copies, and saved some.

I promise I'll grab the Red Pine from Amazon, next order.  What the hay.  I 
like reading 3 or 4 translations side by side, but esp. of Tao Te Ching, and 
other Taoist books, incl. the I-Ching, which are more opaque to me than 
Buddhist writings.  I spread them on the floor, or ground, and read.  Lots of 
ground in this desert.  I'll try it with Hui Neng and see what old Red Pine 
brings.

tnx,

--Joe

> Chris Austin-Lane  wrote:
>
> Red Pine 's translation is particularly clear English. I recommend it for
> non-Chinese readers that wish to appreciate some funny answers to problems
> that still vex the sangahs.


 

Reply via email to