Joe,<br/><br/>With pleasure. The ritualised side of Soto Zen pratice allows us
to be aware that each moment/movement is sacred. Off course, wiping the shit
off the side of the toilet is no less sacred than bowing to the Roshi or
reciting the precepts, but such rituals help to unify the mind and display
enlightenment in action.<br/><br/>I think for a newbie practitioner the rituals
allow us to achieve something of the above, or at least give us a glimpse of
such a unified mind. I see this stage as something like the 3rd and 4th picture
iPhone<br/>