Mike,

I'd still say that each approach is complete in itself: it took hundreds of
years and many generations to become so; and become so finely tuned.  And I'd
still say that I see no reason to mix them.

That is, *in any one teaching occasion*.  Like a retreat.

I doubt that Subhana in her teaching mixes them.

I think her "Zen" retreats are just Zen teachings, and ways.  Actually, since
she teaches as a Diamond Sangha teacher, a lineage and way that I am intimately
familiar with, I am SURE that they are just Zen teachings.

And her Vipassana retreats are (probably!...) just that.

Our deceased Catholic Roshi, Pat Hawk acted like this, too: he NEVER mixed
practices or metaphors of his two ordained and transmitted traditions, when he
taught.  Scrupulous.  And clear.

--Joe