Merle,

I can pick up the one I need in an instant.

Free of it when I want to be; and then, free to wear the one best able to
function in the exact circumstances that arise.

It's quite a good benefit that our Zen or Zen Buddhist practice gives us, if we
practice it as we are taught, with a teacher and a group, and practice with
them regularly so we can first awaken.

Then we need to continue practice without let-up.

Buddhas and Ancestors have not lied to us!

Merle, are you bound by feeling that there is an immutable self in you, AS you?
(it's my turn to ask a question).

--Joe