Edgar,

By 'boredom' I mean that the intellect (aka 'monkey mind') has become bored by
repetitive thoughts or exhausted itself trying to 'figure out' a koan, and
finally shuts down.  I use the term 'quiesce' to describe this which means to
cease functioning temporarily, but can be restarted.

It is in this window where the intellect has 'quiesced' that Buddha Nature may
be realized.

...Bill!