On Monday, December 03, 2012 09:59:12 PM Ian Barber wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM, mlist user <mlist.user8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > On 4 December 2012 07:47, Andrew Hume <and...@research.att.com> wrote:
> > > i'm not sure what the issue is.
> > > if the rate is small and the messages are large, then yes, you need to
> >
> > sleep
> >
> > > large amounts.
> >
> > How would you figure out you need to sleep X second?
>
> Are you setting the RATE sockopt yourself and then trying to manage the
> pace at which you send on top of that?

Slightly OT, but I wonder if RATE might be a useful feature to allow for all
PUB sockets (and maybe just all sockets), rather than restricted to pgm only.

It seems to me that you want to use RATE when you need to slow down sending
but can't depend on receiver feedback. This is a problem at the pattern level,
not the transport level.

Justin