On Sat, 2017-08-05 at 20:17 +0200, Nis Meinert wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I think there is a small bug in your description about the C binding
> /
> Low-level C API:
>
> http://zeromq.org/bindings:c
>
> At least for me the cmake command does not work, but either one of
>
> (1) FIND_LIBRARY(ZMQ_LIB zmq)
> (2) FIND_LIBRARY(ZMQ_LIB libzmq.so)
>
> does. Anyhow, I prefer (1) for being more generic.
>
> I am running a 64bit gentoo linux and libzmq.so lives in /usr/lib/.
>
> Best regards.
> Nis

Hi,

What version is that? And is it from git or from the dist tarball?

There was a problem in the distributable tarballs, where not all CMake
files were included (eg: the file that allows FIND_LIBRARY(ZMQ_LIB
libzmq) to work IIRC), but that's been solved in master.

The workaround is to use the Github release tar'up of the repo, rather
than the make dist tarball for older releases, IE:

https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/archive/v4.2.2.tar.gz

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi