There seems to be a lot of rigidity here between concepts in religion,
spirituality and science. Less archaic theories like the string theory and
other recent developments seem to have blurred at least some of the lines
between spirituality and science, as they have opened windows into questions
that were previously unexplained and not even deemed valid questions by the
scientific community at one time.  However, religion on the other hand is
simply a set of scientific /spiritual beliefs that define the community of
people who are followers of those beliefs/practices. A lot of theories
apparently explained by the beliefs of a particular religion or the other,
have been proved "wrong" over time by the scientific community, and the
counter explanations based on scientific evidence are today widely accepted
to be true universally by a majority of people of most religions.

Most religious communities have already come to an understanding that their
beliefs over time may be disproved and newer more relevant explanations are
available as alternatives to the once inexplicable situations that were left
to God to handle. I think the time has come for the scientific community to
accept that spirituality is no more a pile of non-factual delusions, and
"scientific" explanations for the same may exist or come into existence in
the future.

Darwinism is now increasingly close to becoming a religion in itself, with
Darwinists getting more and more removed from the reality of the "*evolution
*" of science.  The inability to accept that there may be a half truth or a
middle path to some of the theories provided by Darwin, as he came with the
limitations of the time period he belonged to, is equivalent to the fanatic
behavior of most religious radicals today.

Juthika.