Dear friends,
  If you have already responded, please ignore.
  We started collecting donations for 2007 Ambedkar Schlarships. Please come
forward with your donations. Our need is so great this year as we are planning
to expand to other states. We are running this project with utmost care and
deligence. As I had explained in my last mail our overhead costs are less than
2%.

Please let me know if you want to encourage a bright student. It is very easy
to ignore this type of mails. But, before doing so, please think of your days
as a student and the struggles you may have experience for lack of a few
thousand rupees. This is the time for you to help a bright but economically
backward student. We all know how much we spend on expenses that are useless or
just for pleasure. It is OK, but we need to think of our fellow brethren who
need encouragement. For those who are new to our project:

This small project is started in 2003 just to satisfy our desire to help the
financially and socially backward but bright young students of India, not for
fame or glory and we operate in such a fashion. The beneficiaries are Dalit
students at present.
We run this project with 100% transparency and every detail of a donation, an
expense, and beneficiary will be posted on our website
www.ambedkarscholarship.org . Currently our website is down.
Apart of scholarships, we also undertake other issues when they come to our
notice and feel worthy to receive our help.
You may sponsor one or more scholarships for Rs.5,500 or $150 each; donate
whatever the amount you like; donate books useful to our students.
50% of scholarships are reserved for girls.
You may donate for a variety of purposes as we have several projects –
Scholarships for regular students, scholarships for children from scavenging
families, one time help for students for professional courses like Nursing,
micro-loans, recognition of people in their fields, helping victims of
unspeakable caste atrocities etc.
If you sponsor an entire scholarship we match a student with your donation and
name the scholarship as you wish. We print your name on the certificate of
achievement handed over to the student.
We run this project with as democratically as possible implementing every
viable suggestion come from the donors.
We entirely depend on the goodwill of our donors. We do not have any corporate
donations.
We are all volunteers and do not take any salary or honorarium while doing
this. So, every penny donated will be used wisely with less overhead costs.
We are operating in AP and Tamilnadu and planning to operate in Maharashtra, UP
this year.
You can designate your scholarship to a girl or boy, to a school or district in
the state we operate.
So, friends, please come forward with your donations. We are banking on you. If
you ignore our request, we have to wind-up this unique project.

As I have told, this is not for any ones glory. If any capable person wants to
run the project, I am more than happy to hand-over. So, it is not the people
who run this project that matters, but it is how is it being run. Check our
track record and judge if we are doing our job well enough.

With lots of hopes.
Benjamin Paul Kaila

NOTE: I am sorry that our website is down. I am working to fix it ASAP. I
apologize for it.

An educated man without character and humility was more dangerous than a beast.
If his education was detrimental to the welfare of poor, he was a curse to
society.
-Babasaheb Dr B R Ambedkar
Please visit www.ambedkarscholarship.org