Insight Study Circle

Invites you for a public meeting

On

“Opportunities for Dalit and Adivasi Students for Higher Education in
World’s premier educational Institutions”

*And to interact with our panel of Dalit and Adivasi Scholars*

*Date* - 22 August 2010

>> *Time *- 3 PM to 5.30 PM
>>

>> *Venue *- Room No 303, Indian Social Institute, Lodhi Road, New Delhi

*Speakers -  *

*David Vumlallian Zou *(from Manipur) teaches at History Department, Delhi
University and did his doctorate from Queen’s University, Belfast with full
scholarship from Academic Planning Grant (Northern Ireland).

*Abhay Xaxa* (from Chhattisgarh) is currently working with Indian Institute
of Dalit Studies, New Delhi and did his Masters in Social Anthropology from
University of Sussex, UK as one of the recipient of International Ford
Fellowship Programme.

*Rama Devi *(from Andhra Pradesh) completed her Post Graduation in Human
Rights from University of London (2004) as one of the International Ford
Fellow. She is currently based in Kolkata and is working with Catholic
Relief Service.

*Bhawani Buswala* (from Rajasthan) is currently in the country for his field
research. He is pursuing his PhD in Anthropology from Brown University,
Rhodes Island, USA on full university scholarship.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

*Insight Foundation* is a group of students and young professionals
committed towards working with Dalit and Adivasi students to make our
education system more inclusive and to create various support systems for
our students so that they are able to optimize their potential, use them for
their intellectual growth and career advancement, and to fight against
caste-based prejudices and discrimination prevalent in Indian educational
spaces.

   - Apart from conducting monthly* Insight Study Circle meetings* in Delhi,
   our group is also running a *National Telephone Helpline for Dalit and
   Adivasi Students* in Higher Education to support our students to make
   informed choices  in pursuing higher education and in career opportunities.

*Helpline Number* - 0 99 99 48 42 49           *Days* – Mon to
Fri            *Time* – 10 am to 5 pm

   - Together with Helpline, we have our *Dalit and Adivasi Students
Portal*<http://www.scststudents.org/index.php>(
   www.scststudents.org) that acts as an e-resource centre for our students
   provides relevant online information about admissions, scholarships and
   career opportunities.  Apart from providing information we are regularly
   uploading *interviews of brilliant young Dalit and Adivasis
scholars*<http://www.scststudents.org/storydetails.php?id=10>and
professionals.

   - We are also running a unique *Mentorship
Programme*<http://www.scststudents.org/ourmentorheadline.php>where our
students can interact with the group of successful Dalit and
   Adivasi students and professionals on various issues like coping up with the
   campus environment, academic guidance, orientation and career counseling.

   - We also run a team blog www.blog.insightyv.com on contemporary
   socio-political and economic issues

*
Address* - Insight Foundation, 125, First Floor, Shahpur Jat, New Delhi
-49   Tel  - 011  466 958 37  Email - m...@insightfoundation.in