On 05/10/06, Richard Elling - PAE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dick Davies wrote:

> I very foolishly decided to mirror /grub using SVM
> (so I could boot easily if a disk died). Shrank swap partitions
> to make somewhere to keep the SVM database (2 copies on each
> disk).

D'oh!
N.B. this isn't needed, per se, just make a copy of /grub and
the boot loader.

Lesson learned :) It's not like /grub changes much, and if it does
a simple rsync takes care of it.

> How do I get rid of SVM from a zfs root system?

The key change is in /etc/system where the rootfs is
specified as the metadevice rather than the real device.

Ah, thanks.

N.B. if you only have 2 disks, then the test you performed
will not work for SVM.

I gathered :) - I've flattened the box. This time I'll bother to create
the ZFS rescue bits in the howto I was working from.

Thanks.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/