Hello,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:14:23AM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> But I would dearly like to have a versioning capability.

Me too.
Example (real life scenario): there is a samba server for about 200
concurrent connected users. They keep mainly doc/xls files on the
server.  From time to time they (somehow) currupt their files (they
share the files so it is possible) so they are recovered from backup.
Having versioning they could be said that if their main file is
corrupted they can open previous version and keep working.
ZFS snapshots is not solution in this case because we would have to
create snapshots for 400 filesystems (yes, each user has its filesystem
and I said that there are 200 concurrent connections but there much more
accounts on the server) each hour or so.

So, if I build it, people will want it? ;)
--
Regards,
Jeremy