On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So are there any pci-e SATA cards that are supported ? I was hoping to go with a sempron64. Using old-pci seems like a waste.

Yes.

I wrote up a little review of the SIIG SC-SAE412-S1 card which is a two port PCIe card based on the Silicon Image 3132 chip:

http://elektronkind.org/2006/09/siig-esata-ii-pcie-card-and-opensolaris

The card is a two port eSATA2 card, but SIIG also sells a two port internal SATA card based on the same chip as well.

This card is running fine under SX:CR build 47 and would presumably also run fine under Solaris 10 Update 2 or later.

/dale