Hello Jason,

Friday, November 3, 2006, 4:54:04 AM, you wrote:

JJWW> Hi Robert,

JJWW> Out of curiosity would it be possible to see the same test but hitting
JJWW> the disk with write operations instead of read?

Sorry... I really wanted to and I'm afraid I won't find enough time
before my vacations in a few days. I'll try when I come back.

ps. however we did test today on a 4x11 raid-z2 groups in one zpool on
an actual production. Writing from many clients lot of small files
over nfs - thumper could easily receive up to 65MB/s over the
net - it could get more I guess it's just that clients weren't
generating more. Comparing to our experience with HW RAID-5 it's much
better. I guess that as long as there would be enough free space in a
pool writing from all those clients will be quite fast.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]