On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 13:56 -0500, Krzys wrote:
> mypool2/[EMAIL PROTECTED]      34.4M      -   151G  -
> mypool2/[EMAIL PROTECTED]      141K      -   189G  -
> mypool2/d3             492G   254G  11.5G  legacy
>
> I am so confused with all of this... Why its taking so long to replace that
> one
> bad disk?

To workaround a bug where a pool traverse gets "lost" when the snapshot
configuration of a pool changes, both scrubs and resilvers will start
over again any time you create or delete a snapshot.

Unfortunately, this workaround has problems of its own -- If your
inter-snapshot interval is less than the time required to complete a
scrub, the resilver will never complete.

The open bug is:

6343667 scrub/resilver has to start over when a snapshot is taken

if it's not going to be fixed any time soon, perhaps we need a better
workaround:

Ideas:
  - perhaps snapshots should be made to fail while a resilver (not
scrub!) is in progress...

  - or maybe snapshots should fail when a *restarted* resilver is in
progress -- that way, if you can complete the resilver between two
snapshots times, you don't miss any snapshots, but if it takes longer
than that, snapshots are sacrificed in the name of pool integrity.

                                                        - Bill