Since no one seems to believe that you can expand a raidz pool, I have attached
the following output from solaris 11/06 showing me doing just that.  The first
expanision is with like sized disks, and the second expansion is with larger
disks. I realize that the documentation only has examples using mirrors, but
raidz and raid2z are fully supported for adding disk space.

# mkfile 64m 1 2 3 4 5 6
# mkfile 128m 01 02 03

# zpool create testpool raidz  `pwd`/1 `pwd`/2 `pwd`/3
# zpool list testpool
NAME                    SIZE    USED   AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH     ALTROOT
testpool                178M    100K    178M     0%  ONLINE     -

# zpool add testpool raidz  `pwd`/4  `pwd`/5  `pwd`/6
#  zpool list testpool
NAME                    SIZE    USED   AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH     ALTROOT
testpool                356M    305K    356M     0%  ONLINE     -

# zpool add testpool raidz  `pwd`/01 `pwd`/02 `pwd`/03
# zpool list testpool
NAME                    SIZE    USED   AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH     ALTROOT
testpool                726M    475K    726M     0%  ONLINE     -
#