On 24/05/07, Brian Hechinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know about FreeBSD PORTS, but NetBSD's ports system works very
well on solaris.  The only thing I didn't like about it is it considers
gcc a dependency to certain things, so even though I have Studio 11
installed, it would insist on installing gcc, which kinda irritated me. :)

pkgsrc is ok, but I found it got very messy very quickly once you get
a reasonably
sized dependency tree. portugrade. FreeBSD portupgrade (a layer on top of ports,
but easy to install) handled that much better.

To be fair I haven't used NetBSD in a couple of years - but pkgsrc was
the reason
I left :)

http://number9.hellooperator.net/