On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:02:24AM -0700, Bryan Cantrill wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 10:26:20AM -0500, Albert Chin wrote:
> > It would also be nice for extra hardware (PCI-X, PCIe card) that
> > added NVRAM storage to various sun low/mid-range servers that are
> > currently acting as ZFS/NFS servers.
>
> You can do it yourself very easily -- check out the umem cards from
> Micro Memory, available at http://www.umem.com.  Reasonable prices
> ($1000/GB), they have a Solaris driver, and the performance
> absolutely rips.

The PCIe card is in beta, they don't sell to individual customers, and
the person I spoke with didn't even know a vendor (Tier 1/2 OEMs) that
had a Solaris driver. They do have a number of PCI-X cards though.

So, I guess we'll be testing the "dedicate all NVRAM to LUN" solution
once b68 is released.

--
albert chin ([EMAIL PROTECTED])