> >> Not that I'm aware of.  Mirror and raid-z will simply use the smallest
> >> size of your available disks.
> >>

> > Exactly. The rest is not usable.
>
> Well I don't understand how you suggest to use it if you want redundancy.

With more than two disks involved, you might have the space available,
but not in simple 1:1 configurations.

For instance, it might be nice to create a "mirror" with a 100G disk and
two 50G disks.  Right now someone has to create slices on the big disk
manually and feed them to zpool.  Letting ZFS handle everything itself
might be a win for some cases.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]