Hi,

On 21/12/2007, at 6:43 AM, msl wrote:

> Hello mr. Irvine,
>  Did you fix that?

No

>  Do you have a solaris formal support?

No. However I did upload the crash dump files and I was hoping that a
Solaris engineer might have found them "interesting".

I was going to move the zpool to a new machine that did - but alas it
was early days for me and ZFS: I used slices rather than whole disks
when creating my original zpool. We were going to rent a big array to
help us do some juggling.

> I mean, they will fix the problem in your solaris 10 production
> server, or you will need to upgrade to a "opensolaris" version?

Actually, I now know that it also core dumps with OpenSolaris update
77 - not as often, but as often - but once a day is too often.
Fortunately this is for backups rather than live file systems.

>  I'm deploying a ZFS environment, but when i think about "TB" and
> "how mature" is ZFS... i don't know.

I was going to use zfs in my whole environment. I still like ZFS, but
for crucial production systems I think we will be sticking with
Veritas VxFS for now... shame.

>  My concern is just the problem that you have: "Have a TB zfs pool,
> and occurs a but like this". So, i will need restore the entire
> pool from backup? no way...
>  Take a look here:
>
>  http://prefetch.net/blog/index.php/2007/11/28/is-zfs-ready-for-
> primetime/

Yes - I have put one of the entries in.

>  The features of ZFS are really import and great, but the above
> situation and the problem that you have faced is a concern.

Agreed and agreed.