Many enterprise customers have told us that they are waiting for
two features, not yet available in ZFS, before they will adopt
it widely in their datacenter environments:

- The ability to boot off of a ZFS partition.  I don't actually
   understand this one, since you can't boot Solaris from a VxFS
   file system either, but I've heard it many times.  The work
   to enable this is in progress.

- The ability to permanently shrink the size of a zpool by
   removing a lun after migrating all the data off of it.  This
   makes sense to me.  The work to enable this is in progress.

But, of course, many other enterprise customers _have_ adopted
ZFS, and are quite happy with it.  For a list of ZFS reference
customers please contact Solaris Marketing.  ZFS is used in many
mission critical roles today, and by and large our customers
are thrilled with it.

-- Fred

--
Fred Zlotnick