On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:39:25AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think it's specfically problematic on 32 bit systems with large amounts
> of RAM.  Then you run out of virtual address space in the kernel quickly;
> a small amount of RAM (I have one with 512MB) works fine.

I have a 32-bit machine with 4GB of ram.  I've been researching this for
some time now, but can't find it anywhere.  At some point, someone posted
a system config tweak to increase the amount of memory available to the
ARC on a 32-bit platform.  Who was that, and could you please re-post that
tweak?

Thanks!!

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just