On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:07:09PM +0100, Mattias Pantzare wrote:

> I don't know how to change the ARC sise, but use this to increase
> kernel addres space:
>
> eeprom kernelbase=0x50000000

Ah ha, that's what I was thinking about.

> Your user  address space will shrink when you do that.

Yes, but from what I understand, the kernel address space in a 32-bit
machine is painfully small for the ARC cache.

I guess it's all a matter of trial and error to find the best spot for
my needs.

Anybody know offhand what the default value is?

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just