Anton B. Rang <rang <at> acm.org> writes:
> Looking at the AMD 690 series manual (well, the family
> register guide), the max payload size value is deliberately
> set to 0 to indicate that the chip only supports 128-byte
> transfers. There is a bit in another register which can be
> set to ignore max-payload errors.  Perhaps that's being set?

Perhaps. I briefly tried looking for AMD 690 series manual or
datasheet, but they don't seem to be available to the public.

I think I'll go back to the 128-byte setting. I wouldn't want to
see errors happening under heavy usage even though my stress
tests were all successful (aggregate data rate of 610 MB/s
generated by reading the disks for 24+ hours, 6 million head
seeks performed by each disk, etc).

Thanks for your much appreciated comments.

--
Marc Bevand