On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Marc Bevand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I think I'll go back to the 128-byte setting. I wouldn't want to
>  see errors happening under heavy usage even though my stress
>  tests were all successful (aggregate data rate of 610 MB/s
>  generated by reading the disks for 24+ hours, 6 million head
>  seeks performed by each disk, etc).

A co-worker is putting together a system to host a ZFS NAS, and is
using the same motherboard that you are. He had the board's manual
with him, and I noticed that there are BIOS settings for the pcie max
payload size. The default value is 4096 bytes.

This doesn't help explain why the throughput dropped when increasing
max_payload_size over 512 causes a drop in throughput, but at least
you can safely run the card with a payload greater than 128.

-B

--
Brandon High [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The good is the enemy of the best." - Nietzsche