On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Mark Shellenbaum wrote:

> I will go ahead and do a fastrack to get the behavior that many people
> want.  Basically, if inheritable ACEs are present for owner@, group@,
> everyone@ then the inherited ACE permissions will override the requested
> mode of the application.  If no inheritable ACEs are present for owner@,
> group, or everyone@ then the mode will be used.

*Sweet*!!! That sounds perfect!

Is that something that might be backported to production Solaris 10 in a
patch? Or something that would have to wait for an update release? We are
currently prototyping an NFSv4/Samba file services implementation for our
campus, management is requiring official support for the OS so OpenSolaris
isn't really an option; but I don't think we can deploy without this fix.

Thanks much...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]